Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC?s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 40,000 employees around the world.
HBC?s leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson?s Bay, Lord + Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising, and Shared Service operations. HBC?s entrance into this market has expanded the company?s global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC?s strategic plan. Bengaluru?s workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC?s operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting http://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
The Associate will be responsible for supporting internal accounting and reporting team in HBC India including General Accounting and Financial reporting, Internal Financial Control, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Intercompany, Fixed Assets, treasury, taxation and accounts reconciliation activities. The associates would also need to handle tax related activities for HBC India including but not limited to calculation of appropriate taxes: GST, Corporate Income tax, Advance tax, Transfer pricing, Payroll taxes, and Withholding taxes. This role will be responsible for recording all transactions within HBC India?s financial system (Tally) and to ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of financial reporting. The role will be a key participant in the financial close / reporting process for HBC, and will work to continuously improve and optimize the process. Together with this, the candidate would be required to ensure adherence to local and statutory compliance and timely reporting to coordination with various stakeholders.
The role will work both with stakeholders within HBC India, as well as with the accounting and tax team in in North America to support consolidation of local Indian financial results into HBC?s overall financial records. The role will be a key participant in the financial close / reporting process for HBC and ensuring timely tax and statutory compliance for all the HBC entities and will work to continuously improve and optimize the process.
The incumbent must demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail, as well as strong financial and taxation acumen, including knowledge of local tax laws along with knowledge of international taxation.
Who You Are:
- Proactive self-starter with a dynamic and resilient nature able to work and lead in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strict adherence to deadlines
- Able to think out of the box and challenge the status quo while being extremely well organized and detailed oriented with demonstrated follow-up skills
- High degree of attention to detail and focus on the integrity of accounting and reporting of financial transactions and results.
- Strong customer service skills, for both internal and external customers
You also have:
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent or MBA Finance
- Chartered Accountant designation (mandatory)
- Strong financial aptitude with Min 5-7 years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry focused on General Accounting, Financial Reporting, Payroll and other transactional Finance activities
- Experience in the development and implementation of internal accounting processes as part of a ?startup? operation in a Shared Service / MNC environment.
- Working knowledge of local Indian financial reporting and tax compliance requirements
- Strong working experience in Tally
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong working experience in General Accounting / Financial Reporting processes including involvement with the following:
- General Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Fixed Assets
As the Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance, you will:
- Record/ process accounting transactions related to HBC India including:
- Accounts Payable ? coding and recording approved invoices in HBC India Financial system (Tally) in a timely manner to ensure prompt vendor payment
- Ensuring Delegation of authority and related compliance
- Payroll ? coordinate with outsourced payroll provider for Payroll processing and processing payment of HBC India associates
- Record accounting entries and transactions as part of period close activities
- Support local regulatory financial reporting and statutory and tax regulations
- Record intercompany transactions as part of monthly financial reporting / close process
- Work with onshore HBC Finance team to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial results and timely completion of all regular accounting transactions per the close schedule and published requirements
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the books of account and the financial information generated.
- Compliance with tax laws for matters related to HBC India including:
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) ? appropriate treatment of transaction based on GST laws in the countries including monthly, quarterly and annual fillings and coordinating with the vendors ensuring minimum tax impact on the company and its cash flow.
- Withholding tax ? work with the finance and accounting team members ensuring appropriate tax withholding on the transaction and ensuring timely payment of taxes to the government
- Payroll taxes ? To work with the outsourced payroll provider for appropriate Payroll tax withholding from the employees and payment of those taxes to the government
- Advance Tax ? to work with accounting team member and calculate advance tax to be remitted to the government on a quarterly basis
- Corporate tax ? to ensure appropriate corporate tax calculation and reporting in the financial statement of the entity including deferred tax treatment
- SEZ Compliance ? to ensure SEZ related compliance by the company including filling of monthly, quarterly and annual performance report and softex filling
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset records and registers in accordance with the tax laws and regulatory requirements
- Support the team in annual statutory and tax audit process along with internal audit requirement to ensure clean audit reports
- Deal with any other tax regulation as might be introduced by the government from time to time
- Supports the preparation of regulatory and statutory reporting and support month-end and year-end close process in accordance with HBC policies and timetables.
- Supports completion of local, state and government reporting requirements including tax filings.
- Provision of financial results to support preparation of overall HBC consolidated results in accordance with agreed format/timelines
- Ensures compliance with HBC?s financial policies and internal controls framework and manages the local audit of financial statements for external reporting and tax filings.
- Ensuing compliance with Internal Financial Control
- Ensures compliance with HBC?s financial policies and internal controls and manages the local audit of financial statements for external reporting and tax filings
- MIS and Reporting ? Developing and managing reporting structure for HBC India finance?s to both external and internal stakeholder
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Preparing, presenting and updating the budget for HBC India and reporting any deviation
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance