Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC's portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
HBC's leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium's only department store group Galeria INNO.
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising, and Shared Service operations. HBC's entrance into this market has expanded the company's global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC's strategic plan. Bengaluru's workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC's operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting http://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
The successful candidate should have a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization. He/she must have the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms. He/she must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action. He/she must have strong relationship building and influence skills, strong verbal, written communication skills and strong analytical and diagnostic skills
Who You Are:
- Translates strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans to implement a talent strategy that aligns to the needs of the business and organization.
- Within a global framework and under the direction of the Manager, HR, plans, develops, implements and directs all aspects of the HR function: retention, training and development, career-pathing, organizational design, compensation structures, benefits and reward programs, succession planning, organization development, HRIS, employee relations and other compliance and community initiatives
- Develops and applies methodologies and tools for evaluating the effectiveness of talent activities. Maps all talent processes and reviews for increasing effectiveness
- Introduces new ways of optimizing efficiency and effectiveness
- Oversees budgets/costs, analytics, dashboards/ROI metrics on the talent strategy and which will influence business decisions
- Defines and establishes policies and programs for the management of all talent related assets of the organization. Ensures that HR policies are aligned with overall business and strategic requirements of the organization
- Leads special projects and initiatives for key business areas and ensure deliverables are met on time
You also have:
- 6-8 years of total work experience, with at least 4 years of HRBP experience, handling an employee base of 200+ employees
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and business leadership
- Ability to think independently, strategically and systemically
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, complex, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate, and strong decision making skills
- Creative and conceptual thinking
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- High impact presentation skills to stakeholders
- Education- Bachelors Degree in any stream is mandatory
- A post graduate degree/diploma in HR from a Tier 1 Institute is highly desirable
As the Manger-HRBP, you will:
- Manage all strategic and operational aspects of Talent engagement, development, including design and end-to- end implementation of talent programs and processes for an organization with a global presence
- Responsible for Engagement by working closely with Learning and Development, Operations, Compensation & Benefits and collaborating with Recruitment to meet the organization's talent strategy and overall agenda, and ensure its smooth functioning
- Under the guidance of the HRBP Lead, executes the delivery of all HR programs, best practices and policies, strategic initiatives and tactical shared service delivery.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance