Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC's portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
HBC's leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium's only department store group Galeria INNO.
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising and Shared Service operations. HBC's entrance into this market has expanded the company's global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC's strategic plan. Bengaluru's workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC's operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visitinghttp://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
The Analyst, Services Development is responsible for design, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and implementation of integration development projects. This role will require API development on IBM Integration Bus (IIB v10). Being able to understand large enterprise level architecture, provide design recommendations, and work with cross functional application teams to provide the best solution to meet the project needs are crucial for the role. In addition, unit testing to verify logic of new or modified programs, create appropriate documentation for work assignments, and documentation of production support requirements are expected.
Who You Are:
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Quick adoption of new technologies and development languages.
· Understanding of SOA development best practices.
· Experience with IBM MQ or other message flow technologies.
· A minimum of 2-4 years of development background in IBM Middleware technologies.
· A minimum of 2-4 years of Web Services development.
· Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with multiple assigned projects and tasks.
· Outstanding ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to develop complex mappings and workflows in accordance with requirements.
· Development experience in Java, Scala, Python, XML, XSD, DTD, SQL and preferable with database and Hadoop experience utilizing Kafka, Zookeeper, and Oozie.
· Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
You also have:
BE Degree in a Technical Curriculum
As the Analyst, you will:
· Designing detailed API specifications using YAML and RAML modeling languages
· Web services development using Java, Scala, and Python
· Developing on IBM Integration Bus (IIB v10) as per SOA process to support project requirements.
· Ensuring development adheres to HBC development and configuration standards.
· Performing unit testing and work with business partners to resolve any issues discovered during SIT, UAT, and production support.
· Responsible for peer-review of Middleware mappings and workflows with cross functional application teams when required.
· Maintain development and test data environments by populating the data based on project requirements.
· Create and review specifications with peers as required.
· Work with and provide knowledge transfer to support teams to promote mappings/workflows, implement enhancements and resolve any issues.
· Conducts performance tuning as required on mappings, workflows, or SQL.
· Maintains all applicable documentation pertaining to specific SDLC phases
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
· Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
· Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
· A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.