Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and
their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate
holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping
destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor,
Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in
Germany, and Belgium's only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon
Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the
United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment
Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about
positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our
philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in
the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative
programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive
What This Position Is All About:
The Systems Administrator, Cloudera is an experienced, professional, and energetic individual who will help successfully manage the Cloudera environment. In addition, you are required to assist other groups with implementing and troubleshooting various applications.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
As The Clourdera Systems Admin, You Will:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of ITIL/MOF practices
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP protocol as well as DNS, DHCP
- VMware virtualization technology
- Bash scripting
- Elastic Search
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure deployments and automation
- IBM / HP server software, a solid understanding of server security fundamentals and server deployment methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of various storage technologies from companies like EMC/IBM/HP
- Excellent knowledge of Web services Apache/Nginx, Tomcat, WebLogic,
- Knowledge of various database technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, and Mongo
- Knowledge of cloud hosted Hadoop Distributions, preferably cloudera.
- Troubleshooting Java applications
- Knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS protocol and caching technology such as Akamai
- Knowledge of various monitoring technologies such as New Relic and Nagios
- 8 years of experience working in a Cloudera environment
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Responsible for setup of Instances, troubleshooting, installing & support of software in lower & production environments.
- Maintains awareness and currency of technologies, software, program products, and hardware as related to Information Services.
- Evaluates the performance of installed software and hardware by utilizing available aids to monitor trends, loads and growth patterns.
- Works with various teams to help create processes to automate and streamline various repetitive tasks.
- Resolves problems and performance by careful analysis, debugging, identifying the root cause and applying corrective maintenance.
- Documents all changes following controls, procedures and documentation standards and raises issues and concerns with recommendations for follow-up action.
- Provides expertise in specific hardware, software, utilities, and productivity aids used by Information Services, and advises others on their use.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.