What This Position is All About
At HBC, we are undergoing a major technology transformation to embrace the latest technology Changes in the industry. As part of that, we are migrating our critical infrastructure and application platforms to public clouds like Azure/AWS. We are looking for a highly skilled Test Automation Engineer to design automation tests. Test Automation Engineers duties include designing automation scripts and finding solutions for automation problems. You should also be committed to developing skills in order to provide up-to-date solutions.
To be successful as a Test Automation Engineer, you should be exceptionally accurate and possess a superior mathematical aptitude. Ultimately, a top-notch Test Automation Engineer will be proficient in programming languages and have excellent time management skills.
As The Test Automation/Reliability Engineer, You Will:
- Designing and developing test automation scripts.
- Using test automation guidelines.
- Researching issues in software through testing.
- Collaborating with QA Analysts and Software Developers to develop solutions.
- Keeping updated with the latest industry developments.
- Improve reliability of the platform by developing and enhancing monitoring & automation,
- including self-healing capabilities
- Create procedures/run books for operational aspects of monitoring, logging & telemetry
- Work with admins and platform engineers through implementation decisions to achieve
- highly reliable infrastructure
- Provide business and engineering support services for both in-house and external customers
- Resolve system and performance issues by careful analysis, debugging, identifying the root
- cause and applying corrective maintenance
- Document all changes following controls, procedures and documentation standards and raises
- issues and concerns with recommendations for follow-up action
You Also Have:
- Bachelor & degree in Computer Science, Software Development, or a related field.
- Previous experience as a Test Automation Engineer.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Scala, Selenium, Java.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented.
- Azure/AWS, Microsoft, RedHat, certifications and knowledge of ITIL/MOF practices
- Experience with monitoring, logging & telemetry tools like Nagios, SolarWinds, AWS Cloudwatch/Cloud Metrics etc
- Expertise in creating and maintaining Automation (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, AWK, SED, etc.) to run health-checks and self-healing capabilities for the platforms.
- Very good experience with the following Azure/AWS cloud platforms
- Microsoft Solutions, including Windows Server Operating Systems
- Networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with ticketing tools like Jira, Cherwell, etc.
- Working knowledge of databases (Oracle, MS SQL etc.)
- 2-4 years of experience working in global organizations with the ability to communicate with senior leaders
- 2-4 years of experience working on Automation Testing, monitoring & logging tools, self-healing solutions and platform automation
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, todigital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
- Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.