What This Position is All About:
As an Application Support Analyst and Developer you will be a key contributor to the growth of the HBC Merchandising systems as the company increasingly improves to meet the ever changing Retail market demands. The role will initially focus on application support to allow you to learn the applications, business and processes that are critical to HBC's success. Over time your role will increase to include development projects. Our Merchandising systems are a mixture of off-the-shelf and in-house applications covering 3 distinct technology sets. We are looking for members to be expert in at least one of these sets of technologies. In joining our team you will have the following set of baseline skills that include:
- A minimum of 4-6 years of total experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Dependable work ethic; capable of taking ownership of a task and seeing it through to completion
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing priorities.
- Be available as necessary to work after hours to support project goals and timelines including on weekends on need basis.
- Excellent knowledge Object Oriented Concepts.and a solid understanding of Relational Databases (Oracle preferred)
Who You Are:
In addition you will also have one of the following sets of technical skills:
- Microsoft .NET - Visual Basic (VB .Net)
- -or- Unix Scripting and Java
- -or- Informatica and Data Analytics abilities
You Also Have:
Beyond these requirements experience in the following areas would be nice to have skills:
- Experience with Cloud based applications and/or migration to cloud projects
- Retail Systems Experience
- Mainframe (COBOL, CICS, dB2) experience
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.