What This Position Is All About:
Responsible for supporting the middleware layer of the company’s websites and environments including both clustered and un-clustered applications, using clustering solutions including WebLogic and JBOSS and other technologies.
Who You Are:
- Strong troubleshooting, analytic, problem solving and collaborative skills; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related field or work related experience.
- 4-5 years of experience in level 1, level 2 and level 3 application support, software development, systems administration, systems engineering, systems analysis, or related field.
- Experience in: Weblogic Commerce Suite, At least one clustering technology: WebLogic, JBOSS, or other comparable technology, Bash scripting, and Automation technology.
- Experience in: AWS, Apache Web server, Linux, and at least one caching technology: NginX, Akamai, Oracle Coherence, or other comparable technology.
- 1 year in CI/CD tools and understanding of release and deployment cycle concept.
- Experience in one of the following: BEA Weblogic Commerce Server, Escalate Retail platform, or other comparable technology.
- Monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Cloudwatch.
- Ticketing systems such as JIRA, Cherwell
- Experience in retail E-commerce.
As The Senior Systems Engineer, You Will:
- Support Development, QA, and Production environments, to help support our internal and external customers.
- Drive constant interaction with Development, Engineering, Architecture, QA, Product Management and Project Management teams.
- Research new products and technologies to improve system performance, responsiveness and scalability of the environment.
- Work with business owners to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes and workflows.
- Provide high-level support for issues that have been escalated from the internal Command Center and implementation teams, in a SDLC environment.
- Responsible for operational project-based work when Engineering does not provide solutions; transitioning and performing knowledge transfer for projects with engineering project team.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.