What This Position Is All About:
Responsible for maintaining HBC Oracle corporate database environment. The role will be focused on delivering robust, stable and reliable Oracle solutions used to promote business operations and business strategies. Work in team environment providing support for all Oracle databases, building and sharing knowledge. Obtaining Oracle EBS financial knowledge and leading team as subject matter expert for HBC database systems.
Who You Are:
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
- Your oral and written communication skills are effective and clear
You Also Have:
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal to effectively operate with IT Leadership.
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery.
- Ability to work in a team environment that are geographically distributed
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies, a plus
- Working knowledge of another DBMS used at HBC. Oracle, Teradata, MS SQL Server, and DB2.
- 2+ years’ experience as Oracle EBS Database Administrator supporting large systems
- 2+ years’ experience on latest EBS release on Unix platform
- 2+ years’ experience installing and patching Oracle EBS applications
- Retail industry experience preferred
As the Analyst, Oracle DBA, You Will:
- Maintain skills in Oracle applications process design and configuration; Oracle application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; Oracle application technical architecture.
- Design, implement and deploy Oracle solutions to achieve defined business goals.
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Maintain skills in Linux/AIX OS to perform required DBA tasks
- Acquire/Maintain skills in cloud technologies to support Oracle, MS SQL server and open source RDBMS databases like Postgres, NoSQL database e.g. Mongo.
- On-call responsibilities
- Automation of manual activities
- Learn to become a subject matter expert on the Oracle DBA team. Working closely with other team members both on and off shore to fully support Oracle EBS environment.
- Work on database improvements and strategy to upgrade all Oracle databases to supported release. Participate in the future of the Oracle architecture and help develop and maintain Oracle database roadmap.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator.
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.