Senior Specialist, Compensation
What This Position Is All About:
The Senior Specialist, Compensation will be a key partner in assisting the Compensation team with both immediate and long-term deliverables. This role will be responsible for data governance practices, tools, and technologies required, providing actionable information and insights to drive business success. The role will collaborate closely with global compensation leaders, People Business Partners, People Technology team, and global collaborators to build systems and processes necessary to collect and analyze data and infer actionable insights. This role will be responsible for developing descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics that will compel specific business decisions. This position will also be responsible for ensuring the validation of employee data for both compensation and benefits deliverables. This role will contribute to the day-to-day operations of compensation and benefits, including but not limited to monitoring market pricing. Additionally, this position will support US Compensation Technology and will be a key contributor to the overall Compensation & Benefits team and will provide support in areas such as data validation, analysis and ad hoc report requests.
Who You Are:
- You possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships across the business
- You are a natural problem-solver who is also intuitively analytical and creative
You Also Have:
- 4+ of experience in Human Resources or Compensation & Benefits
- Hands-on experience building analytical and reporting products using Tableau or Microsoft Excel (macros preferred)
- Excellent analytical acumen, intellectual curiosity, creativity, a proven work ethic, and solid communication skills
- Extensive reporting experience including knowledge of processes and data usage
- The ability to create structured reports for an executive audience that leverage data visualization
- Experience working with HRMS tools like Jira, Workday, PeopleSoft (Preferred)
- Graduate or Post Graduate in Business Administration / Human Resources management (Preferred)
As the Senior Specialist, Compensation, You Will:
- Collaborate with the Compensation & Benefits team to assist in the collation, validation of data and any ad hoc requests
- Use current tools and technology for managing, reporting and analyzing compensation & employee data
- Analyze statistical employee data and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's policies and practices
- Monitor compensation and benefits market practices to ensure alignment to company pay and benefits philosophy
- Participates in job architecture, levelling and grading of jobs using established processes
- Assist in tracking, managing the budget and ensure the financial resources are deployed to maximum efficiency
- Structuring data for setting up structured analytics in the organization – creating data dictionaries, definitions
- Identify process improvement areas to reduce effort and enhance process throughput
- Evaluating and establishing new processes and exploring avenues for automation
- Presenting compensation process insights and recommendations to management
Your Life and Career at Saks
- Be a part of world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.