What This Position Is All About:
Reporting to the Director Marketing Strategy and Data Governance, the Data Governance analyst plays a pivotal role in data quality by creating and maintaining frameworks, standards, policies, artifacts, and procedures to support this. Passionate about data governance and data quality, the candidate must be an effective communicator with a good understanding of data analysis, data quality, data movement, business glossary, metadata, and data modeling.
Who You Are:
• Generate customer-profiling analysis, campaign lists and post campaign analysis in support of various marketing and other CRM initiatives.
• Develop and present clear and comprehensive findings/recommendations to leadership on key initiatives.
You also have:
• 6 to 8 years of overall analytics experience with Establish, implement, document governance processes for managing data, and build organization awareness on key data topics.
• Work with business and architecture teams to promote consistency, quality, integrity, and accessibility of shared data and information across the organization.
• Data governance and quality assessments on projects/programs.
• Identify, analyze, and resolve data issues related to uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness to support business reporting requirements.
• Business process mapping & risk identification.
• Manage and maintain metadata repositories (data dictionary, business glossary) and data classification process (identification of sensitive data).
• Develop materials and conduct training on best practices and technologies.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve data accuracy and ensure that data owners are accountable for data quality.
• Provide inputs on the design and development of data models for data warehousing, reporting, and analytics projects, contributing to successful completion of project deliverables.
• Participate in project/team meetings and collaborate with stakeholders as appropriate.
• Generate ad-hoc reporting/customer profiling and conduct customer analysis based on various models and segmentation
• Automate and streamline operational processes within current suite of tools (Python, SQL, Cloud etc)
As a Lead, you will:
• Strategic Thinking – Think strategically by clearly anticipating future trends and consequences. Create clear and compelling business plan and communicate effectively to cross-functional partners.
• Drive for Results - Pushes self and others to exceed goals and achieve breakthrough results. Recognizes the key actions necessary to achieve results, establishes and communicates the priorities to supervisor, demonstrates persistence in removing barriers to achieving results, and encourages others to do the same.
• Business Acumen - Leverages business judgment to shape strategy, based on understanding of operational, financial, and organizational requirements and capabilities.
• Provide tracking of various customer campaigns to determine success, as measured by response, ROI, or other business objectives of the programs and maintain data for any longitudinal analysis.
• Integrate existing analytical tools (segmentations, models, etc.) into analytical deliverables, analyze and interpret/manipulate data (customer database, Teradata/Data-warehouse, 3rdparty) from disparate sources, translate data findings and interpretation of business requirement into actionable information.
• Subject matter expert on the data sources contained in the customer database and how they can be leveraged to address business challenges and opportunities.
• Coordinate with internal IT department and provide instructions upon any database maintenance and restructure.
• Participate in the strategic development of system capabilities within advanced analytics and modeling, data mining and database marketing.
• Automate and streamline operational processes.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
• Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
• Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
• A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.