What This Position Is All About:
The ML analyst will apply strong expertise in AI to drive personalization and growth sales through the use of machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype, and build next generation advanced analytics engines and services.
Who You Are:
• Generate customer-profiling analysis, campaign lists and post campaign analysis in support of various marketing and other CRM initiatives.
• Develop and present clear and comprehensive findings/recommendations to leadership on key initiatives.
You also have:
• Design, develop, test, advocate and build predictive models and segmentations
• Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address objectives to business partners.
• Advocate and educate on the value of data-driven decision making; focus on the "how and why" .
• Identify and develop long-term processes, frameworks, tools, methods and standards.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement data engineering, models and monitor outcomes
• Assists in the development of strategic plans.
• Understands and analyzes complex business problem, then formulates data-driven hypotheses to drive business value.
• Develops experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
• Diagnoses and resolves predictive / analytical model performance issues while monitoring system performance and implementation of efficiency improvements.
• Applies innovative and best practices to advanced analytics services to ensure high quality standards.
• Sets up change control and testing processes to ensure the quality and consistency of ongoing maintenance work.
• Develops analytical solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
• Works with various data owners to discover and select available data from internal sources and external vendors
• Applies scripting / programming skills to assemble various types of source data (unstructured, semi-structured, and structured) into well-prepared data sets with multiple levels of granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
• Summarizes statistical findings and draws conclusions, presents actionable business recommendations. Presents findings & recommendations in a simple, clear way to drive action.
• Performs experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
• Supports development of tools and delivers training for data analytics and AI.
As a Manager, you will:
• Typically, between 8 - 10 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced degree (Master/Ph.D. preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or other quantitative disciplines and/or equivalent experience
• Experience with distributed computing language & cloud technologies
• Experience with programming languages and machine learning /deep learning algorithms/packages, supervised learning, clustering, natural language processing, recommender engines, time series analysis, A/B testing, network/link analysis, sentiment analysis and data visualization.
• Deep proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
• Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
• Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
• Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
• A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.