What This Position Is All About:
The Team Lead Sales Audit is a leadership role within the HBC Finance & Accounting team reporting to the Manager, Sales Audit & Bankcard
Who You Are:
The Team Lead – Sales Audit is responsible for all aspects of service delivery by the SAKS team in support of the company’s Sales Audit processes. This role must demonstrate a high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal “customers/business partners”. This individual will be responsible for the effective management of the Sales Audit team and will provide oversight over the Sales Audit processing activities performed by SAKS including exception handling, Processing adjustments, Cash balancing, and sales clearing.
You also have:
- Strong financial aptitude with minimum 6 to 8 years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with a preference to Retail industry focused on Sales Audit functions
- Minimum 3 years supervisory / people management experience
- Experience in Oracle ERP (Oracle Fusion Preferred) and Sales Audit systems, Aptos (Epicor) preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent process improvement methodology (Black belt preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of financial processes and technology Demonstrated success managing and directing multi-functional business units
As the Team Lead Sales Audit, you will:
- Oversee team responsible for daily, monthly sales audit activities in a timely manner and in full compliance with SAKS policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to Sales Audit policies, internal control / audit requirements, and service standards
- Achieve daily processing targets
- Analyze and research all discrepancies/exceptions in the process
- Consistently monitor key performance parameters of the process and identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of work as well as the means of working on processes
- Manage sales transaction backlog and expedite processing as required. Work with global team to resolve issues impacting sales audit processing
- Manage SAKS resources to support Sales Audit activities including:
- Exception handling (missing, reject, offline)
- Process adjustments, Balance DC sales, cash settlement
- Analyze Unmatched Debit and Credit Card Transactions
- Sales Clearing, Cash Clearing and Accounts Reconciliations
- Investigate difference reports and Over/short
- Reconcile unmatched bank card and gift card transactions
- Prepare reconciliations and period end journal entries
- Oversee the provision of information and analysis concerning POS terminal over/short issues, store associate training, customer inquiries, liability reconciliations and policy revisions pertaining to sales procedures
- Provide Sales Audit reporting – daily, weekly, monthly and on-demand.
- Oversee the security levels assigned to each sales audit associate to ensure the integrity of sales
- Oversee the research of leased sales, commission sales and other departmental sales issues and communicate findings to internal management
- Research escalated issues coming from stores, call centers, Loss Prevention and global team
- Assist management in the upkeep of the Sales Audit systemsSupport effort in building a high performing team and implement strategies to retain talent
- Train, coaches, mentors and directs the work of direct reports
Educational Credentials: B. Com (Mandatory) or MBA Finance (preferred)
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.