What This Position Is All About:
Responsible for supporting the middleware layer of the company’s websites and environments including both clustered and un-clustered applications, using clustering solutions including WebLogic and JBOSS and other technologies.
Who You Are:
- Strong troubleshooting, analytic, problem solving and collaborative skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems,
- Engineering or related field or work related experience.
- PLUS 3 years of experience in level 1, level 2 and level 3 application support, software development, systems administration, systems engineering, systems analysis, or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in: Weblogic Commerce Suite, At least one clustering technology: WebLogic,
- JBOSS, or other comparable technology, Bash scripting, and Automation technology.
- 3 years’ experience in: AWS, Apache Web server, Linux, and at least one caching technology:
- NginX, Akamai, Oracle Coherence, or other comparable technology.
- 3 year in CI/CD tools and understanding of release and deployment cycle concept.
- Demonstrated expertise administering IBM Rational suite, ClearCase.
- Experience in one of the following: BEA Weblogic Commerce Server, Escalate
- Retail platform, or other comparable technology
- Monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Cloudwatch
- Ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Experience in retail E-commerce
As the Systems Engineer, you will:
- Support Development, QA, and Production environments, to help support our internal and external customers
- Drive constant interaction with Development, Engineering, Architecture, QA, Product
- Management and Project Management teams
- Research new products and technologies to improve system performance, responsiveness and scalability of the environment
- Work with business owners to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes and workflows.
- Provide high-level support for issues that have been escalated from the internal Command
- Center and implementation teams, in a SDLC environment
- Responsible for operational project-based work when Engineering does not provide solutions;
- transitioning and performing knowledge transfer for projects with engineering project team
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.