Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC's portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 40,000 employees around the world.
HBC's leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord+ Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising, and Shared Service operations. HBC's entrance into this market has expanded the company's global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC's strategic plan. Bengaluru's workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC's operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and
view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting
What This Position Is All About:
The Learning & Development manager is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization's employees. This position assesses developmental needs to drive learning initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
Who You Are:
· Conducts annual training needs assessment.
· Aligns L&D programs to needs of associates, business and objectives defined by the function.
· Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budget.
· Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
· Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
· Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
You also have:
· Works with the global Learning team to create alignment and utilize existing online and offline learning resources Works with external vendors to create customized learning solutions and creates opportunities for HBC India's participation in external learning event
· Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
· Modifies programs as needed.
· Exemplifies the culture of the organization.
· Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
As the Manager, L&D you will:
· 6-8 years of relevant work experience in L&D
· Professional qualification/Certifications in the relevant field
· Strong focus on coaching and leadership development
· Has experience in building & delivering content for leadership teams
· Possesses Business Acumen, understands business strategy and aligns programs accordingly
· Effective & articulate communicator.
· Prior experience in a similar role, with high focus on a coaching culture
· Understanding of the Retail industry is highly desirable
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.