This role will be responsible for recording all taxation transactions within HBC India’s financial system(Tally) and to ensure the overall integrity and acc
uracy of financial statements. The role would also be working with global tax team and be responsible for preparing filing and paying of the multistate annual report, franchise tax and commercial activity fee for the U.S. entities, including monitoring and maintaining the annual report and miscellaneous compliance tax calendar to ensure timely reporting. The role will work both with stakeholders within HBC India, as well as with the taxation team in in Toronto to support consolidation of local Indian financial results into HBC’s overall financial records. The role will be a key participant in the financial close / reporting process for HBC and ensuring timely tax compliance for all the HBC entities and will work to continuously improve and optimize the process.
The incumbent must demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail, as well as strong financial and taxation acumen, including knowledge of local tax laws along with knowledge of international taxation.
Who You Are:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Maturity/handling confidential information
- Maintaining the regulations
- The candidate would play a major role in both statutory and tax audit while ensuring timely completion of audit with no audit observation
- The candidate would be responsible to ensure appropriate internal financial control and handle ICFR regulations
You Also Have:
- Chartered Accountant
- MBA Finance is preferred
- Strong financial aptitude with Min 5years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry focused on General Accounting, Financial Reporting, Payroll and other transactional Finance activities.
- Experience in the development and implementation of internal accounting processes as part of a “start up”? operation in a Shared Service / MNC environment.
- Working knowledge of local Indian financial reporting and tax compliance requirements
- Strong working experience in Tally
- Chartered Accountant designation (mandatory)
- Strong working experience in General Accounting / Financial Reporting processes including involvement with the following:
- General Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Fixed Assets
- Budgeting and Forecasting
As The Assistant Manager, Corporate Finance, You Will:
The successful candidate must be a proactive self-starter with a dynamic and resilient nature able to work and lead in a fast-paced, Ability to work in an ambiguous, complex, challenging and fast-paced environment. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strict adherence to deadlines. He/she should be able to think out of the box and challenge the status quo while being extremely well organized and detailed oriented with demonstrated follow-up skills. There should be evidence of a high degree of attention to detail and focus on the integrity of accounting and reporting of financial transactions and results.