Role: Digital - Commerce Cloud Architect
The Architect role will be responsible for defining, building, and delivering technical solutions for the Hudson’s Bay Digital Technology team. Maintain the long-term technical vision alongside the day-to-day execution of new features on the Hudson’s Bay eCommerce site.
- Work closely with our business partners to understand business requirements and provide an innovative and efficient solution
- Work closely with various technology teams (Development, Infrastructure, PMO, etc.) to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the Salesforce technologies
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Lead development team to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices, and code quality techniques
- Conceptualize, architect and design solutions for customers that meet customer business objectives, cost, timeline, quality and MVP
- Maintain thorough subject matter expertise of the functionality and solution architecture
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Assist with Salesforce platform management tasks such as app evaluations, profiles/org hierarchy design, integration with other systems, capacity planning, defining SLA measurements, etc
- Create and enable best practices, governance measures, and patterns for custom and configured solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt, 3rd party tools, and tradeoffs
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant Ecommerce or Enterprise-level development experience
- Experience in architecture and performance optimization of highly scalable ecommerce platforms
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Experience
- Certified SFCC Architect, Advanced Developer and/or Developer strongly preferred
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in programming, including performance, accessibility and security.
- Experience with modern frameworks like Angular or React and Debugging tools (Chrome Dev tools, Etc)
- Familiarity with MVC pattern
- Strong experience with CSS & Preprocessor (Sass, Less)
- Site & Page Caching, JS Controlling, DS Script, Service Framework, Pipelines, Jobs, Jobs Schedule, OCAPI, Catalog Categories, Price Book, Data feeds
- ISML, ISML Tags, SFCC Forms, Content assets, Campaigns & Promotions
- GIT knowledge
- Experience with package managers like NPM
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp/Webpack
- Experience in SFCC Business Manager configuration
- Experience in Commerce Cloud SFRA site architecture
- Experience working with SFCC Open Commerce API (OCAPI)
- Experience designing and developing SFCC cartridges and 3rd party integrations; Integrate third party LINK cartridges
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Typescript
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.