Role: Lead Digital Engineer
The Digital Engineer - Lead role will be responsible for defining, building, and delivering technical solutions for the Hudson’s Bay Digital Technology team. They will maintain the long-term technical vision alongside the day-to-day execution of new features on the Hudson’s Bay eCommerce site. This role will have direct reports. Time will be spent managing the team and executing new features and defect resolution. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, Digital.
- Work alongside engineering, product, design, and business counterparts to understand requirements and collaborate on technical solutions
- Serve as technical lead over engineers to direct work, oversee development, coordinate activities, testing, and deployment
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architectures and designs
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software that is highly scalable and supports defined business requirements
- Code Reviews and developing team-wide development standards and practices
- Oversee development of technical documentation, including functional and non-functional specifications, implementation and operational support documentation.
- Contribute to the team culture in a positive way by mentoring junior developers and being an eager collaborator
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt, 3rd party tools, and tradeoffs
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant Ecommerce or Enterprise-level development experience
- Experience in architecture and performance optimization of highly scalable ecommerce platforms
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Experience
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in programming, including performance, accessibility and security.
- Experience with modern frameworks like Angular or React and Debugging tools (Chrome Dev tools, Etc)
- Familiarity with MVC pattern
- Strong experience with CSS & Preprocessor (Sass, Less)
- Site & Page Caching, JS Controlling, DS Script, Service Framework, Pipelines, Jobs, Jobs Schedule, OCAPI, Catalog Categories, Price Book, Data feeds
- ISML, ISML Tags, SFCC Forms, Content assets, Campaigns & Promotions
- GIT knowledge
- Experience with package managers like NPM
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp/Webpack
GOOD TO HAVE
- knowledge in SFCC Business Manager configuration
- Experience in Commerce Cloud SFRA site architecture
- Experience working with SFCC Open Commerce API (OCAPI)
- Experience designing and developing SFCC cartridges and 3rd party integrations; Integrate third party LINK cartridges
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with Typescript
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.