What This Position Is All About:
The Assistant Manager, Digital Operations is responsible for overseeing the Sample Management and item setup process. The Assistant Manager is responsible for driving process improvement and efficiency metrics development and implementation. They are also responsible for achieving topside sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets and corporate objectives. They will oversee teams focused on ensuring timely production of merchandise with accountability for complete and accurate turn in processes, product information and assortments. They will also drive ongoing efficiency and quality improvements.
Who You Are:
- Complex Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning and Organizing
- Excellent Communication and Influencing
You also have:
- Prior sample management, traffic and project management experience in a multi-banner e-commerce retail environment
- Monitor team workload and throughput; adjust workload among merchandise categories based on expected volume.
- Create and develop solutions to streamline operations, improve consistency, and increase efficiency of the team
- Develop training materials and product guides as needed
- Understand the multi-channel/banner aspect of the business and help manage that with Direct Reports
- Participates in long-term planning and resource allocation discussions - Manages forecasting and freelancer scheduling /budget
- Proficiency with merchandising systems (e.g., PIM, RFS)
- Technical aptitude with web-based tools and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Action and detail oriented, organized with ability to manage teams to execute within deadlines
- Demonstrate strong resource workload and capacity management skills and proven ability to manage multiple resources, priorities and a large volume of business
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and react to quality and performance metrics to drive quality and efficiencies within team
- Ability to select and develop a team of future leaders
- Exhibit ability to perform well, problem solve and brainstorm in a collaborative environment and inspire a strong sense of camaraderie, accountability, and high performance across teams
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong decision making skills
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in e-commerce businesses with the majority in digital operations, sample management or retail
As the Assistant Manager, Digital Operations, you will:
- Develop strategies to scale, monitor and streamline the Vendor provided assets acquisition and product turn-in processes to ensure a consistent and even flow of products-to-turn-in across all categories / banners on a daily basis. Proactively work to improve the turn-in process through conducting regular strategic reviews of turn-in metrics and work with cross-functional partners to identify and implement opportunities to improve the accuracy, efficiency, and scalability of the turn-in process. Interface with Buying Organizations to prioritize item creation and PO entry to drive full price sales by providing clarity on merchant PO inputs through reporting. Manage inventory control and transfers to/from vendors and DCs.
- Oversee and drive the item set up process and improvements focusing on accuracy and consistent customer experience. Ensure timely live date of products. Oversee team quality metrics and define ways to improve including but not limited to reducing NOS, improving time to site, increasing compliance and improving team quality metrics
- Partner with Site Operations & Digital Merchandising team to identify and reduce process or system inefficiencies and reduce defect rate. Drive and prioritize item setup system enhancements and requirements. Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impact the product lifecycle.
- Provide thought leadership on process efficiency initiatives including daily publication, PIM, sample workflow management and cross-functional training. Drive and ensure continuous process efficiency and performance improvements across Sample Management teams. Apply best practices across categories / banners.
- Continue to review organizational structure to ensure accurate headcount to facilitate the continuing growth of the business
- Streamlining Sample Mgmt workflow processes and leveraging best practices across teams, locations, banners
- Liaising with the buying offices on Lifecycle related priorities/issues
- Partnering with Asset Protection and DC teams for studio inventory management and aligning on all policies and procedures
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.