The Product Copywriter is responsible for writing, editing, and enhancing product descriptions for saksfifthavenue.com. Utilizing sample details and vendor-provided product descriptions, the successful candidate writes copy that compels the customer and increases conversion. Working cross-functionally with Image Edit, Sample Management, Item Setup, Category Management, and Site Merchandising, the Product Copywriter will process copy to ensure accurate and timely publication to site.
Role responsibilities could include:
• Writing accurate, compelling and elevated product descriptions for online site content
• Processing and enhancing vendor-provided item descriptions
• Editing and quality assurance of product descriptions for online site content
• Following and developing copywriting standards for a wide range of commodities
• Working with cross-functional partners to facilitate the product onboarding process
• Enhancing existing product copy to increase conversion
The Product Copywriter thrives in a faced-paced environment under the pressure of deadlines. They possess excellent time management skills and organization. A multi-tasker and self-starter, the product copywriter is also adaptable to change. The Product Copywriter is creative and collaborative with an eye for detail and a passion for keeping an eye on fashion trends. Thinking creatively, the Product Copywriter’s works strategically to support the needs of the business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Advertising, Communication, Fashion, or a related field
• Experience in luxury fashion retail or eCommerce
• Experience in copywriting
• Experience in content management, editorial copywriting and SEO, preferred
• Excellent written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation, and grammar
• Basic understanding of HTML coding
• Knowledge of fashion terminology, trends, fabrics, and brands
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Working knowledge of G Suite
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Advertising, Communication, Fashion, or a related field.