What This Position Is All About:
As a developer, you will be responsible to perform a wide array of tasks that enable stability HBC’s Product Information Systems. We are looking for an individual with strong technical skills along with the ability to troubleshoot effectively with the application groups which interface with the PIM environments. This role will be a go to point of contact for all issues relating to the application layer of the PIM environments and will help develop the knowledge base, processes, and network of contacts that can be drawn upon to resolve any issues that may result in interruptions in the PIM environment.
This position is tailor made for an individual that has a passion for technology and is open to learning and widening his/her experience with different technologies and platforms and is a fast learner.
· Act as first level responder and point of contact for all issues impacting the PIM systems.
· As a first responder, you’ll help determine where the fail point is within the ecosystem and either fix the issue or escalate to the appropriate team for issue resolution.
·Work with application owners to build a knowledge base that will aid first level environment support capability
·Work with middleware and infrastructure teams to enhance monitoring tools.
·Help facilitate builds in all PIM system environments.
· Partner with the QA team to smoke test the environment after an environment build or code deployments
·Help support releases
· Deep technical and functional expertise in one or more of the following Oracle Product Information Management- Product 360
· Experience with MDM and Informatica PIM is a plus
· Working knowledge of Unix, Linux Red Hat, C++, Java, and XML, Sterling Commerce’s complementary and competitive products: i.e WebSphere, MQ Series, JMS compliant queues etc
· Java programming (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Swing); XML, XML parsers, and XSL Oracle and SQL Server databases: database sizing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning Java certification is a definite plus IBM Sterling, XML, Java, and PL-SQL (Oracle),
· Understanding of the SDLC methodology
· Strong Oral/Written communication skills.
· Technical writing skills.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills and the ability to take an innovative approach to business problems.
· Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork, sharing knowledge and expertise as it relates to the role.
· Have a strong understanding of industry standards and upcoming technology
· Understand programming logic and be able to create, view and debug application programs