What This Position Is All About:
As a Software Manager, Operations team for the Customer Experience organization, you will lead a team of Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) and Operations Analysts to provide Saks customers with a highly available, performant, and Stable web / mobile shopping experience. Your team will be responsible for monitoring, responding to incidents and Outages, and triaging emergent situations, as well as working through a roadmap for continuous improvement of the Overall customer experience. In addition to guiding the technical work on the platform, you will be responsible for
Building the India operations team, collaborating with senior SRE team members, and coaching junior team members.
You will report directly to the Director of Operations and Tooling in North America, and your team will work in close Collaboration with a similar team in that region.
Who You Are:
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Good understanding of testing methodologies and testing processes.
- Understands software development life cycle process and various testing techniques including a proficiency in system testing.
You Also Have:
Software Manager, Operations at Saks is responsible for guiding multiple projects to completion while simultaneously running production systems and planning for future improvements and innovation. The manager will be a hands-on coach for their team, with deep experience in the relevant technologies and a clear understanding of the business context and overall goals of the organization. In particular, the Software Manager will:
- Build, lead, and coach a team of analysts and SRE colleagues responsible for ensuring the stability and
- availability of all of our products for Saks customers
- Provide and manage an on-call rotation to monitor and evaluate Saks front-end applications, web platform, and
- integrations with back-end systems, respond to incidents, plan capacity, and correct and improve systems to
- reduce outages and customer disruptions
- Collaborate with product management, software engineering, and QA teams to ensure best practices and
- maintain high standards for: availability, performance, data security, data privacy, and customer experience
- Drive product excellence through end-to-end automation of maintenance and upgrade processes, code-driven
- definition of all systems improvements, and root-cause analysis of incidents and outages
As the Manager, Operations You Will:
- 7+ years of experience in Systems Administration, Cloud app development or DevOps
- 4+ years managing cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- 2+ years managing engineering and / or operations teams
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team members and develop internal experience in software best practices
- Working knowledge of IP networking, Internet protocols (HTTP, HTTPS), load balancers and high availability
- Expertise in developing Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Expertise in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, GoCD or CircleCI
- Experience building scripts, tooling, and automation using modern programming languages such as Python,
- Ruby, Go or similar object-oriented language
- Production experience with distributed application architecture using containers, orchestrators (Kubernetes,
- ECS, Nomad), and/or serverless technology
- Experience with implementing and using monitoring, alerting, and observability tools such as Datadog, Amazon
- CloudWatch, and PagerDuty in measuring and optimizing around the Four Golden Signals
- Strongly desired: experience in the retail or fashion industries
- Appreciated: interest and curiosity for working in a variety of languages and frameworks with flexibility towards
- team and organizational adoption
- In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who can:
- Design and develop world-class software applications to bring industry-leading luxury shopping experiences to
- Ensure software architecture aligns with user needs to bring high-value products to market
- Enable predictable and iterative software delivery by providing leadership in an Agile team environment
- Bring expertise in investigation and resolution of technical problems within the organization
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate the applicability of new software technologies for ensuring
- the best possible consumer experience
- Drive innovation at a software product level and contribute ideas to the product roadmap
- Mentor junior managers and emerging leaders
- Build a culture of pride and ownership over code quality, scalable architecture, security, and data privacy
Your Life and Career at Saks
- Be a part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.