What This Position is All About
As an Fullstack Developer- Java , you are responsible for the program design, coding, unit testing, integration testing, implementation, warranty support and operational handoff of Integration Development involving Merchandising Systems. You would be responsible for creation and maintenance of Java based web applications and custom plugins The scope of the work includes new ETL build; enhancements to existing ETL modules; integration between legacy applications and 3rd party solutions; one time ‘ad-hoc ETL ’ solutions; and defect resolution.Typically, you will be working as part of a team; although some assignments will be expected to be done independently. Your ability to communicate clearly – both orally and via written documentation – will be essential in this role.
Who You Are:
Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including and new and novel ideas
Inspires others with their vision and sense of purpose
Ability to communicate effectively, can be doth direct as well as diplomatic in approach and can gain trust quickly
Comfortable with change and challenging convention
You also have:
- Post Secondary Education in Information Technology or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience with strong analytical skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in Development - preferably with Retail systems (Merchandising; Supply Chain; Logistics).
- Strong understanding of Development best practices (SDLC; flexible with respect to Waterfall or Agile methodologies).
- Experience designing and developing scalable, responsive Java based web applications .
- Strong working knowledge of Unix Shell Scipts, Oracle PL/SQL, Stored Procedures.
- Good understanding of batch processing; familiarity with job scheduling (ESP/UC4).
- Design Patterns knowledge, Object oriented analysis, Design and Development skills.
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE).
- Proficient with MS Office tools including Visio.
As the Senior Analyst, Fullstack Developer, you will:
- Perform design and development of processes to support project requirements.
- Develop/maintain SQL/stored procedures and Unix shell scripts.
- Perform unit testing, QA, and work with business partners to resolve any issues discovered during UAT.
- Maintain development and test data environments by populating the data based on project requirements.
- Maintain all applicable documentation pertaining to specific SDLC phases.
- Be responsible for peer-review of mappings and workflows when required.
- Work with production control and operations as needed, to promote mappings/workflows, implement schedules and resolve the issues.
- Review performance and conduct performance tuning as required
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.