Analyst, Demand planning
What This Position Is All About:
Reports to Senior Manager - Demand Planning. Works closely with Merchandising Planning, Buying teams in North America and other teams as necessary.
Who You Are:
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including and new and novel ideas
- Comfortable with change and challenging convention
- Inspires others with their vision and sense of purpose
- Build Morale and the spirit of the team, Shares wins and success
You also have:
- Graduate/PG with 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience. Preference will be work experience in retail industry with working knowledge in supply chain
- Analytical, Advanced excel, problem solving skills and knowledge on forecasting
- Data management and interpretation using statistical concepts
- Strong planning and operational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proficiency in excel and good knowledge of other MS Office tools
- Ability to work well with others and contribute to a positive environment.
- Highly motivated and committed to the development of high-quality work
- SQL and VBA Macros knowledge will be a plus
As the Demand Planning Analyst, you will
- Core execution: Creating accurate reports for the assigned business area
- Collaborate with Planners and Buyers to manage Replenishment inventory through accurate forecasting and rectifying all relevant components to achieve department in stock goals.
- Has the concept/grasp of Stock-store Minimums/Presentation minimum, Maximums, Safety stock, Review Time, Lead time, Store to store transfers etc.
- Stock Balancing : Maintain in-stock goals through effective product distribution. Analyze sales history and trends to maximize sales potential by developing allocation strategies that maintain proper store inventory levels.
- Historical Analysis: Analyze and summarize business performance of product categories, monitor sales, inventory, margin and other factors affecting In-stocks & profitability.
- Operation: End to end ownership of categories. Ownership of business and operational metric for the team.
- Execute Strategies: Execute strategies to drive supply chain initiates to support alternative forms of fulfilment
- Communication: Ensure timely and proactive communication with key stakeholders
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at Saks:
? Be a part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
? Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
? A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest in Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used