Learning and Development- Senior Manager
What This Position Is All About:
The Learning and Development Senior Manager is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization's employees. This position assesses property-wide developmental needs to drive learning initiatives, identifies, and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance
Who You are:
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment.
- Proposes training and development programs and objectives.
- Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budget.
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Drive leadership development facilitations
- Design and development of mass training programs largely in the space of behavioral training, communication, time management, problem solving, planning and prioritization (byte size learning modules etc
- Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning).
- newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Preferred certification in digital learning, instruction design, coach certification, BEI.
As the Senior Manager, Learning & Development – You will:
- He/she must have the ability to quickly assess a new environment and problem solve to support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms.
- He/she must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Lead the organization capability building agenda for business and drive organization flagship programs/ learning Academy and related policies
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.