QA Lead is responsible for testing products to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision. Actively involved in coaching other testers on testing practices and product knowledge. The role calls for a hands-on individual with the ability to act as the sole responsible tester, in some cases, and move from project to project. As a QA Lead, you may work on one project for just a few weeks to many months.
What you will do:
- Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
- Manage projects from BEG to production deployment independently
- Manage one to two small to medium projects
- Drive and lead development of test strategies.
- Drive and lead prioritization of testing activities, across teams as needed.
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
- Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles..
- Generate test ideas and heuristics.
- Drive and Lead the development of effective test charters and checks.
- Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements.
- Explain risks, based on the impact assessment, to non-technical stakeholders
- Adhere to HBC's SOPs and Agile practices.
- Execute test charters within sessions
- Analyze results of test sessions, draw meaningful conclusions, and suggest actions
- Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
- Apply basic problem solving skills.
- Collaborate with other scrum team(s) and stakeholders.
- Coach others on test strategy, test execution and the use of test tools
- Make continuous self-education a priority.
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry
- Analyze business requirements, create and execute test cases/scripts.
- Analyze and communicate issues to proper team members and track to resolution.
- Apply effective testing techniques in the most efficient way.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to process improvement.
- Automation experience is a plus
- Retail Background
- Agile Experience
- Web services and API testing experience
- Knowledge of basic Unix commands
- Knowledge of basic SQL
- Experience with Continuous Integration build/deploy technologies and tools (ex: Jenkins, GO)
- Experience with relational and document-oriented databases
- Experience with - JIRA, Confluence
- Familiarity with UNIX
- Understanding of cloud application architecture and concepts
- Experience with any internet programming
- Familiarity with Windows, Mac and mobile devices
- POS, OMS, HR/Merch/financial systems, Sales AuditApplication, Digital and Mobile, SFCC, POS/Digital E2E systems, ETL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field of study.
- Knowledge of any programming language, automation tools, and performance testing tools
- 6 years cumulative software testing experience
- Minimum (1) year of Team Leading experience
- Experience with any internet programming and exposure to relational and document oriented databases, preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience as QA Analyst/Engineer
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.