Saks Off 5th (SO5) is a world-class destination for top designer brands at extraordinary value. SO5 combines the two great joys of shopping: the delight of discovering the best in luxury and the thrill of finding a deal. A modern shopping experience of carefully curated designer trends, exceptional service and savings on the biggest names in fashion, we lead the market as the premier luxury-value destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world. We are currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to our platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
What This Position is All About?
Sr. Analyst Windows POS application support provides support to the retail store POS application, monitoring alerts and notification for our Saks stores retail transactions. This position is responsible to ensure supporting applications & Jobs required for our stores transactions are fully operational or processing as expected and requires strong Windows O/S, .net, C# & SQL technical knowledge. The analyst will be required to respond to, resolve and document issues as they come in a timely manner.
You will be required to triage problems and escalate as needed to the development teams and work closely to come to resolution. The support analyst will require excellent Analytical & problem solving skills, be able to understand POS system architecture and dataflow be able to adapt quickly to new and different problems day to day.
Who You Are:
- You have a logical approach and process to problem solving
- You are a self-starter, can work independently and thrive in collaborative teams
- You are proactive in driving issues to closure and collaborate with peers to resolve
- You are able to think outside the box for problems of all varieties and provide plan for automations
- You possess strong communication skills to convey problems to your team and colleagues
- Your thrive in a busy, high-pace environment and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
- Understand how problems affect other areas of the company outside of the IT space
- You are able to create thorough technical documentation to leveraged by development and support teams
- You strive for excellence and lead with a business focus mindset
- You are a quick learner with the ability to learn new technologies
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in Information Technology developing and supporting large scale distributed applications
- Retail experience is required with a knowledge of Point of Sale & online payment transactions and retail operations
- Strong command of Windows O/S, batch scripting, .net and SQL
- Experience in POS support, Servers and jobs monitoring tools
- Must have experience in Online, Retail Store transactions & Production support L2/L3.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Windows 2016/ 2019 & Windows Server
.Net, C#, Windows Services, Event Viewer,
Batch Scripting, Powershell Scripting, SQLServer, Windows BAT/CMD Script
POS & Retail
Languages and Tools are a Plus:
ASP.NET, AZURE, Solarwinds
As the Senior Analyst –Windows POS Support, You Will:
- Responsible for the 24/7 support of POS applications in the Retail Store Systems.
- Monitoring log files and log information.
- Handling Application Issue.
- Handle the performance related issue.
- Testing the new version and patches that were released.
- Experience in monitoring the alerting Dashboards and acting to alerts & notifications.
- Responsible in finding the root cause for various POS application issues, failed transactions, Services, Pinpad issues,
- Participating on a rotating on-call schedule for off-hour/weekend support
- Work with your team on creating technical support documentation used to manage and maintain the software
- Collaborate with the development teams to architect new solutions that your teams will eventually support
- Responsible for problem management and analysis to drive resolution to high volume recurring incidents to reduce overall incident volume
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.