Senior Analyst, Computing Engineer
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
As the Sr. Technical Engineer - you are one of the cornerstones for retail store system hardware and peripherals in our Saks stores. This position will be responsible for improving the posture of enterprise applications, by understanding vulnerabilities, determining security requirements, developing roadmaps, planning and implementing solutions, testing systems, preparing standards and procedures, and mentoring other IT teams in the identification and remediation of issues. As the Sr. Technical Engineer, you are responsible to ensure all hardware required to support the organization is fully operational. This requires strong Windows O/S technical knowledge and AWS knowledge. The Engineer will be required to respond to, resolve and document issues as they come in a timely manner.
You will be required to triage problems and escalate as needed to various teams and work closely to determine root cause analysis and come to resolution. The Sr. Technical Engineer will require excellent problem solving skills, be able to understand IT system solution architecture and be able adapt quickly to new and different problems day to day.
- You command knowledge and experience with the following programming languages and tools: Powershell scripting and Windows BAT/CMD Script in a development and support role.
- You have strong working experience with AWS.
- You have experience with Windows Server (2012 thru 2019) and Windows 7 & 10
- You have experience with hardware and software in the areas of interfaces, POS scanners, receipt printers & 2D barcode scanners, payments software
- You have familiarity with networking architecture and troubleshooting networking issues
- You can interpret logging between multiple systems
- You have a working knowledge of IT Security protocols
- You have a logical approach and process to problem solving
- You are a self-starter, can work independently and thrive in collaborative teams
- You are proactive in driving issues to closure and collaborate with peers to resolve issues
- You can think outside the box for problems of all varieties
- You have a broad understanding of all stages of systems development and product delivery; with a strong understanding of Architecture covering different technology stacks, platforms and protocols
- You possess strong communication skills to convey problems to your team, colleagues and leadership
- You thrive in a busy, high-pace environment and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
- Understand how problems affect other areas of the company outside of your IT space
- You can create thorough technical and functional requirement documentation to be leveraged by development and support teams
- You strive for excellence and lead with a business focus mindset
- You are a quick learner with the ability to learn new technologies
- You possess a college degree or technical certificate in Information System or IT related fields with 5+ years of experience in Information Technology developing and supporting large scale distributed applications
- You have experience with leading and inspiring technical support teams
- You have retail experience plus with a working knowledge of Point of Sale applications and store operations.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborate with the development teams to architect state of the art solutions that your teams will deploy and support
- Create strategies to be adopted for projects, migrations and various activities
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving and further leveraging these systems.
- Enhance and develop monitoring tools to put our team in a position to be proactive for all issues
- Maintain vendor relationships and collaborate to enhance existing applications
- Drive integration, release management and packaging of Systems products.
- Requires on-call support and mediation during off-hours for Level 3 support.
- Work with your team on creating technical support documentation used to manage and maintain the software
- Responsible for problem management and analysis to drive resolution to high volume recurring incidents to reduce overall incident volume
- Resolve end user inquiries in a timely manner and collaborate with Saks technology
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount