What This Position Is All About:
The successful candidate must be a proactive self-starter with a dynamic and resilient nature able to work and lead in a fast-paced environment. He/she will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to engage with stakeholders across the business and provide critical input to business teams. This individual will have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strict adherence to deadlines.
As an Associate, General Accounting, you will:
- Financial aptitude with minimum 2-4 years of work experience in Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry focused on General Accounting and Financial reporting functions
- Experience in Oracle ERP (Oracle Fusion Preferred)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong working experience in Financial Planning & Analysis processes including involvement with the following:
- Processing of journal entries / accruals
- Set up / maintenance of prepaids and recurring entries
- Period end close activities, including account reconciliations
- Variance analysis for selected accounts
B. Comm (Mandatory) or Bachelor’s degree with a Finance focus
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of an excellent team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Chartered Accountant (preferred)
Shifts can vary based on organizational needs
NOTE: HBC welcomes all applicants for this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.