Responsible for Design & Implementation of new features & stability of Omni Channel Order Processing & delivery platforms for thebay (Part of Hudson’s Bay). This role requires strong understanding of IBM Sterling Order management, Inventory visibility & Echo Systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and test applications in accordance with established requirements, standards, processes and best practices.
- Participates in medium- to large-scale projects and come up with high level design along with Lead Developer/Architect
- Participate in overall development and deployment process, in a Business-Driven environment.
- Recommend engineering the best coding practices and testing strategies
- Collaborate within a waterfall development environment & eager to learn technologies.
- Partners with Dev Ops Engineers & Development teams to develop, maintain and streamline automated build & release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing to deploy releases to multiple environments.
- Participate in on call Rotation, overall development and deployment process, in a Business-Driven and continuous integration environment.
- Continually improve personal knowledge and skills relevant to current enterprise application architecture and integrations.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Plus 3 years of experience in Software Development or related occupation.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following Sterling Commerce/Yantra modules: Sterling Distributed Order Management, Sterling Selling & Fulfillment Foundation, Sterling Global Inventory Visibility, Sterling Reverse Logistics, and Sterling Call Center/ Store Operations;
- 3+ Years of overall experience in Software Development in Java/J2EE related platforms and Sterling.
- Experience with SOAP/RESTful Web Services, messaging and event-based architectures
- Working knowledge on Linux Red Hat, and XML, Sterling Commerce’s complementary and competitive products such as Kafka, MQ Series, or JMS compliant queues;
- Tools and Utilities: Java IDE (Eclipse), SOAP UI, Postman, LDAP Clients, Kibana, Source control utilities, Packaging and Build tools (GoCD, Ant, Maven)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
Nice to Have:
1) Experience in IBM Sterling SaaS OMS Development and/or Kafka.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.