Who we are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colorful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need an inclusive team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity, and vision every day.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting https://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
Senior QA Tester is responsible for testing the products to reveal the quality and risk-related information with the intent of informing a decision. This role participates in the coaching of other testers on some aspects of testing. The Senior QA Tester also contributes to the creation of test strategies and diagnosis of complex issues.
What you will do:
- Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
- Drive and lead prioritization of testing activities, across teams as needed.
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
- Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
- Collaborate with developers/business analysts to design tests.
- Generate test ideas and heuristics.
- Create test charters and checks.
- Identify and provide feedback on the gaps/anomalies in the requirements.
- Explain risks, based on the impact assessment, to non-technical stakeholders.
- Adhere to HBCs' SOPs and Agile practices.
- Execute test charters within sessions
- Analyze results of test sessions, draw meaningful conclusions, and suggest actions.
- Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
- Apply basic problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with other scrum teams (s) and stakeholders.
- Coach others on test strategy, test execution and the use of test tools.
- Make continuous self-education a priority.
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze business requirements, create and execute test cases/script
- Analyze and communicate issues to proper team members and track to resolution.
- Apply effective testing techniques in the most efficient way.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to process improvement.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any related field of study.
- Minimum 4 years of cumulative manual testing experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience with web-based and client-server retail applications.
- Proficient in system testing techniques
- Possess hands-on experience with testing tools
- Exposure to relational and document-oriented databases
- Retail industry experience is an asset
- Understanding of cloud application architecture and concepts
- POS, OMS, HR/Merch/financial systems, Sales AuditApplication, Digital and Mobile, SFCC, POS/Digital E2E systems, ETL
- Experience with preferred - JIRA, Confluence
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.