What This Position is All About:
- AP Lead – Vendor Relations is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Vendor Relations team and to be the first point of escalation for the identification and resolution for any issues or escalations in support of the company's Vendor Relations processes. This role will be the day-to-day leader of the HBC India Vendor Relations team, and must demonstrate a high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal “customers / business partners” with the onshore Finance team, as well as other internal partners including Information Technology, Merchants and banner Finance teams. The incumbent will be responsible effective operations of the Vendor Relations team in India, ensuring efficient and effective service delivery. To be single point of contact for Stores across banners in providing updates to North America team, buying team, suppliers, Factors.
Who You Are:
- A proactive self-starter with a dynamic and resilient nature able to work and lead in a fast-paced.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, complex, challenging and fast-paced environment.
- The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strict adherence to deadlines.
- To have Excellent Verbal/Written communications.
You also have:
- Strong financial aptitude with 8-10 years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry focused on Payables and Vendor Relations (Call Center) functions. Demonstrated experience in a vendor call center environment is essential
- Min 3 years supervisory / people management experience handling a team of 10-15 members
- Experience in Oracle ERP (Oracle Fusion Preferred), Mainframe and Call Center solutions ( Zendesk preferred, Fresh Service)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent process improvement methodology required
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of financial processes and technology
- Demonstrated success in Leading and managing teams and directing multi-functional business units
- Strong working experience in Vendor Relations processes including involvement with the following:
- Issue management and resolution
- Tracking and reporting of call center performance metrics
- Issue escalation / management of exceptions
- B. Com (Mandatory) or MBA Finance (preferred)
As the AP Lead – Vendor Relations, you will:
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to enable the GIC to succeed as well as build the employer brand in the community.
- To work closely with North America team to ensure the issues are highlighted and fixed.
- Trains, coaches, mentors and directs the work of direct reports.
- Sets clear objectives for team members based on capacity and specialization.
- Identifies, grooms, rewards and develops high performing team members as future leaders.
- To be on top of managing and resolving issues of Factors and critical vendors.
- Weekly/Bi-weekly calls to be taken with critical supplier in fixing root cause issues.
- Resolves escalated conflicts and grievances as necessary.
- To coordinate with other teams as well in getting things done on time.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain talent.
- Adhere to all HBC HR policies and programs for HBC India Associates.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of an excellent teamwork with an adventurous spirit think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance