What This Position Is All About:
As a Digital Operations Systems Engineer, you will work closely with all facets of the Technology department to ensure stability and uptime in our Production environments. You will be part of a team responsible for incident triage, day-to-day maintenance and change implementation, front-end performance, Production readiness assurance, Production monitoring, and project implementation planning. You will work with product owners to assist in prioritizing defects and work closely with Development and DevOps to troubleshoot, plan, and deploy.
Who You Are:
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation, system diagrams and integration flows
- Solid communication skills and ability to direct meetings and conversations towards specific goals
- Customer and team-centric attitude
- Support relationship development with internal and external teams and resources
- Knowledge of alerting and monitoring mechanisms
- Support on-call activities on a rotating schedule
- Support and escalate Major incident on production outage
- Prioritize stability and performance
- Maintain focus on customer experience
- Embody a sense of focused urgency in problem solving and communication
- Define, follow-through, and action plans to case resolution
- Document systems, processes, and knowledge base articles
You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
- 5+ years of overall experience into Information Technology
- 3+ years of experience interacting with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) preferred
- 3+ years of experience with AppDynamic, New Relic, Nagios, Datadog, Cloudwatch, PagerDuty or similar monitoring and alerting platforms.
- 3+ years of experience in incident management or production support
- 3+ years of technical experience in the retail or e-commerce space
- 2+ years of experience with CDN providers, i.e. Akamai, Cloudflare
- 3+ years of experience into any of cloud technologies i.e AWS, Azure
- 2+ years in CI/CD tools and understanding of release and deployment cycle concept.
As the Systems Engineer, you will:
- Support Production and non-production environments, to help support our internal and external customers.
- Drive constant interaction with Development, Engineering, Architecture, QA, Product Management and Project Management teams.
- Research new products and technologies to improve system performance, responsiveness and scalability of the environment
- Work with business owners to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes and workflows.
- Provide high-level support for issues that have been escalated from the internal Command Center and implementation teams, in a SDLC environment
- Responsible for operational project-based work when Engineering does not provide solutions; transitioning and performing knowledge transfer for projects with engineering project team
"We believe that our differences not only make us stronger, but also guide our evolution and future growth. All associates are expected to create an inclusive environment free from harassment, discrimination, and bullying.Together, we celebrate, advocate for, and learn from our colleagues, customers and communities to create the best environment to shop and work for all."