Senior Analyst, Cloud Engineer
What This Position Is All About:
Senior Analyst, Cloud Engineer Position - As the Sr. Technical Engineer - you will need to use an analytical, engineering-focused approach and expert knowledge of programming languages to develop computer programs and ensure software is as functional and robust as the client or consumer needs. You will be responsible for improving Point-of-Sale and Enterprise Application by developing roadmaps for future growth, understanding vulnerabilities, implementing solutions that meet or exceed business need, ensuring security standards and coding standards are maintained, and supporting other IT teams in the identification and remediation of issue
Who You Are:
- A broad understanding of all stages of systems development and product delivery, preferably with a background in Application Architecture covering different technology stacks, platforms, and protocols, with an industry recognized IT Architecture qualification (e.g., TOGAF).
- Knowledge of security systems management in a fast paced Application Dev and devOps environment across multiple platforms including mobile.
- Experience in development of functional/technical specifications and documentation.
- Strong programming skills with development primarily leveraging custom applications in .NET, C#, Windows, batch scripting, JSON, and AWS microservices (Lambda and VM Hosting).
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud databases.
- Understand the functions of virtual and general networks.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) DevOps.
- Proficiency of containerization tools and understanding Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge to deploy and run application software on virtual machines.
- Cloud engineers should have knowledge of open standards, such as XML (Extensible Markup Language), SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), WSDL (Web Services Description Language), and UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration), and an understanding of how APIs are engineered.
You Also Have:
- College degree or technical certificate with 4+ years of experience in Information Technology developing and supporting large scale distributed applications
- You strive for excellence and lead with a business focus mindset
- You are a quick learner with the ability to learn new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Operating Systems - Windows Server (2012 thru 2019) AWS
- Scripting tools- .net core 6 C# SQL Restful webservices Windows batch scripting AWS Microservices JSON xml
- Concepts- Service endpoints SOAP UDDI Basic Networking
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in a business/user friendly language.
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills and the ability to take an innovative approach to business problems.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork, sharing knowledge and expertise as it relates to the role.
- You have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the ability to multi-tasks and handle changing priorities.
- Design, test, and develop the software to meet those needs.
- Recommend upgrades for existing systems and programs
- Create various diagrams, flowcharts, and models that illustrate the type of code needed for programmers
- Ensure continued functionality of a program during maintenance and testing of software
- Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance
- Revisit the development process to fix bugs or address client or consumer concerns
Your Life and Career at Saks
- Be a part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance