Senior Analyst, Reporting
What This Position Is All About:
The successful candidate will primarily focus on driving business results through the development and execution of world class analytics designed to meet evolving business needs. He/she will support Saks’s strategies through the delivery of best of breed campaign management, measurement of all-channel and cross banner marketing promotions, the extraction of key analytical insights and by providing customer centric recommendations. The scope of work spans Across the Saks banners and includes both store and ecomm channels. The ability to think strategically about customer and business challenges and proactively propose solutions will be critical to their success. Forward thinking is the key to this role as new technologies and opportunities present themselves.
Who You Are:
- Gather and translate business requirements on key projects.
- Effectively manage project assignments and documentation, including establishing and communicating overall priority and defining project scope, deliverables and timing. Communicate assignment status against goals ongoing.
- Generate ad-hoc reporting/customer profiling and conduct customer analysis based on various models and segmentation including demographic, behavioral and migration trends to support various Saks initiatives and inquiries by extracting financial, demographic and sales history information via Saks’s customer database.
- Generate customer profiling analysis, campaign lists and post campaign analysis in support of various marketing and other CRM initiatives.
- Develop and present clear and comprehensive findings/recommendations to leadership on key initiatives.
- Provide tracking of various customer campaigns to determine success, as measured by response, ROI, or other business objectives of the programs and maintain data for any longitudinal analysis.
- Integrate existing analytical tools (segmentations, models, etc.) into analytical deliverables, analyze and interpret/manipulate data (customer database, Teradata/Data-warehouse, 3rdparty) from disparate sources, translate data findings and interpretation of business requirement into actionable information.
- Subject matter expert on the data sources contained in the customer database and how they can be leveraged to address business challenges and opportunities.
- Coordinate with internal IT department and provide instructions upon any database maintenance and restructure.
- Participate in the strategic development of system capabilities within advanced analytics and modeling, data mining and database marketing.
- Automate and streamline operational processes.
You also have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field like Economics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in marketing analytics and database marketing.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills, including proficiency in some of the following areas: SAS, R, SQL / PL-SQL, Excel / VBA macro.
- Working experience with Oracle, MS SQL, Teradata or other database products.
- Working experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy, Looker or other business intelligence tools an asset.
- Knowledge of web analytics packages (e.g. Omniture, Coremetrics or Google Analytics).
- Proven ability to wade through data and apply findings to business problems that achieve incremental revenue and margin.
- Marketing and/or business analysis experience.
- Experience in retail, financial, or other consumer based industries is an asset.
- Strong mathematical, written, and verbal communication skills.
As the Sr Analyst, you will:
- Strategic Thinking - Think strategically by clearly anticipating future trends and consequences. Create clear and compelling business plan and communicate effectively to cross-functional partners.
- Drive for Results - Pushes self and others to exceed goals and achieve breakthrough results. Recognizes the key actions necessary to achieve results, establishes and communicates the priorities to supervisor, demonstrates persistence in removing barriers to achieving results, and encourages others to do the same.
- Business Acumen - Leverages business judgment to shape strategy, based on understanding of operational, financial, and organizational requirements and capabilities.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be a part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance