What This Position Is All About:
The senior graphic designer will play an integral role in creating engaging & visually appealing digital ads, banners for the social media channels and other Saks Fifth Avenue’s digital channels.
Who You Are:
Someone who is passionate about building engaging digital content and possesses right balance of visual design/animations skills with excellent knowledge of technology and tools to optimize creatives effectively in the digital space.
As the graphic designer you will:
- Work closely with the design team in coming up with interesting ways to create digital ads with editorial images, and strong typography in Adobe Photoshop.
- Execute highly engaging animations and other-high performing ads consistently and effectively for marketing to support a superior customer experience.
- Understand brand and visual identity, campaign objectives and assist in managing brand consistency in colours and treatment across all graphic elements.
- Flawless typography skills and keen sense of balance and intuition when it comes to layout
- Proposing and contributing creative concepts, animation, backed by research, inspiration, and competitive research.
- You will also need to work closely with the media team/agencies to understand the briefs and ensure all criteria is met for handing over the final files/assets.
- Maintains reports of tasks and assignments for the team
- Mentor junior team members on best design practices
You also have:
- 4-8 years’ experience in designing banner ads, social media marketing creatives. (preferably with a digital marketing creative agency)
- Proficiency & hands on experience with Adobe Photoshop mandatory. Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, In Design & Illustrator
- Strong understanding of design, layout, typography and animation in the digital space
- Excellent knowledge of the digital environment - including files, formats and best practices
- Understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Excellent communication (comprehension, verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and persuade
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from Marketing to IT & Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance