Tax Analyst (HBC India)
Day in the Life:
As North America’s oldest retailer, Hudson's Bay is the top destination for Canadians to realize their best lifestyle. Our goal, as One Team, is to deliver a frictionless Omni experience where stores anchor the customer journey with surprising discoveries, desired services, and localized assortment.
At Hudson’s Bay, we share a passion for innovation, building meaningful relationships, and living a colorful life. We empower our associates to unlock their full potential by giving them opportunities to grow and learn every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact, we want you on our team.
We are a retailer that caters to all Canadians and needs a diverse team to ensure our continued success. We strongly believe in the power of diversity and encourage applications from everyone eager to make a difference in the customer’s shopping experience.
- Extract information from ERP and other systems and liaise with other departments to obtain supporting information required for tax compliance and audits
- Prepare and review various Canadian GST/HST returns, payment requests and prepare related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger
- Ensuring proper tax codes and tax rates are assigned in the merchandise system and master data related
- Support monthly reconciliation of tax-related GL accounts and follow-up of reconciling items
- Support tax audits from external auditors, various domestic tax authorities
What You Will Need:
- Advanced excel skills, including the use of complex formulas and pivot tables to simplify data, and experience building excel templates
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and teamwork skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and within a virtual team
- Excellent level communication and presentation skills are required, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in retail/wholesale company for an apparel-based industry is a plus
- 2-3 years of accounting or indirect tax experience is an asset, including a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, applied business administration, economics, or similar.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.