Who we are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colorful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need an inclusive team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity, and vision every day.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting https://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
Senior Engineering Manager, Mobile
The Sr. Engineering Manager, Mobile is a critical leadership role within the mobile technology team. This individual will help lead a team to design, develop, manage and expand backend support for our award-winning mobile applications that are critical to our omnichannel strategy. The position will be responsible for helping to set technology strategy and direction, will make decisions on the technology used, and will work closely with product management teams and business leaders to develop corresponding roadmaps. The position requires advanced-level knowledge of Cloud and Big data technologies, especially in supporting a world-class, performant mobile app.
Who You Are:
- You painlessly overcome obstacles while respecting others’ points of view and positions
- You believe that teamwork is critical for long-lasting success
- You understand the importance and value of building rapport and strong relationships
- You have a demonstrated ability to quickly shift priorities without being totally thrown off
- You are able to work independently and can prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- You have proven time management skills and are comfortable managing multiple projects and
- dealing with shifting priorities
- You are flexible and can adapt to change well
- You should be a highly driven and results-oriented individual, comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Someone who works well under pressure, you are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid-paced, complex retail environment
- You respond well to change and a loosely structured, fast-paced environment
As the Sr. Engineering Manager, Mobile, You Will:
- Have Mobile application subject matter expert beyond the basic developer experience, to include significant project experience
- Lead development and delivery through team leads and architects, overseeing the work to ensure quality and timely delivery applications that are highly scalable and support defined business requirements
- Review business objectives and high-level requirements as defined by product management providing analysis and feedback
- Work with Product and Project Senior Leaders to develop the overall roadmaps and milestone-based plans
- Oversee work associated with installation, customization, and integration efforts
- Oversee the translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architectures and designs
- Be a strong technical leader who can work in environments with competing and alternating priorities, with a constant focus on delivery.
- Serve as a leader for team members to learn from regarding the mobile technologies, development and delivery processes, and overall leadership of people and technology
- Participate in internal process improvements, quality control, and efficiency measures
- Additional Responsibilities as required
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 15 years of IT Engineering Leadership / Architecture experience and 8+ years of relevant experience in developing mobile applications for iOS & Android platforms. Demonstrate a portfolio of released applications in the app stores.
- Proven ability in leading small teams to execute in delivery of mobile applications end-to-end efficiently
- Extensive experience with iOS, Swift, OOP, Java, Kotlin, C#, and ReactNative.
- Experience in front-end web technologies (DOM Anatomy, js/CSS injection, debugging through the console)
- Ability to diagnose and solve technical problems related to mobile applications implementation including debugging performance issues related to web page load times
- Ability to interact with users and product managers to create end-to-end specifications for mobile applications
- Provide guidance and production support. Develop tools to assist the development process (eg. CI/CD, scripting)
- Knowledge of version control systems (GITHUB), experience with AWS, RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services, Jenkins, node.js
- Experience with Agile software development (using Jira)
- Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Commerce Cloud Storefront
- Experience with SalesForce OCAPI