Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 40,000 employees around the world.
HBC’s leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord + Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5 TH . HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising, and Shared Service operations. HBC’s entrance into this market has expanded the company’s global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer. The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC’s strategic plan. Bengaluru’s workforce has deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared services and will support HBC’s operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting https://www.hbcindiacareers.com/
What This Position Is All About:
Leads the team responsible for processing end to end payroll for all banners across North America (US and Canada Payroll)
Who You Are:
● You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
● You are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
● A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
● You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
You also have:
● US/Canada Payroll experience of 7+ years
● Managed weekly/biweekly pay runs independently
● Handled large count of employees (20K plus)
● Experience in US Taxation and Garnishment set-up experience, Knowledge in analytics, Robotic Process Automation – Chat Bot,
● Leading teams of 20-25+ and has experience of transitioning payroll processes
● US/Canada payroll certifications
● Payroll Accounting
● Audit and approval of employee reimbursements & other benefits
● Graduate Commerce background, Masters in commerce preferred
As the Manager Payroll, Finance & Accounting, you will:
The Manager will provide leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the
implementation/processing of an efficient payroll operation to meet current and future business needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
● Responsible to provide timely, accurate and compliant payroll calculation support services to all areas responsible under NA Payroll through monitoring team work scope and performance, tracking and reviewing regular performance metrics to drive process improvement
● Ensure continuity in delivery of service
● Ensure the functional scope, service scope, service levels and overall contribution of the team are meeting or exceeding expectations and agreed goals
● Responsible for changes and improvement to the payroll process
● Advise, partner and provide direction as needed to the payroll service delivery organization and key stakeholders
● Collaborate and build proactive, positive relationships with peers, managers, outside vendors and NA payroll teams to ensure global best practices and consistency within processes
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong proficiency in Excel, Power-point and corresponding presentation skills
● Ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple projects on tight time-lines.
● Detail oriented and willing to look closely at complex issues.
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with a variety of personnel.
● Ability to work as a team member as well as act as team leader
● Ensure the organization’s compliance with payroll tax reporting and withholding responsibilities.
● Registration of fresh employment tax authorizations.
● Handle system improvements as fresh business prerequisites crop up and enhance means of correcting possible noncompliance.
● Functionally look out, execute and plan improvements of procedure in relation to payroll tax to enhance, promote effectiveness, efficiency and precision.
● Guarantee that tax returns are accomplished and precise to reduce tax obligations.
● Plan tax in anticipation of future filings.
● Render assistance to private and public organization clients in attaining their goals through tax advisory, audits and assessment of risk.
● Ascertain that the organization’s yearly earnings, investments and expenses are recorded with completeness and precision.
● Prepare and organize federal and state proceeds for organizations.
● Carry out research on ramification of tax laws and give advice to clients on tax related matters.
● Assist in minimizing uncertainties in taxes involving mergers, procurement, and other business transactions.
● Carry out audit on internal regulations for veracity, as well as trail property and income taxes.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
● Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
● Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from IT to Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
● A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance