Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel
offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is
the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium
department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 300 stores and over 40,000
employees around the world.
HBC’s leading banners across North America include Hudson’s Bay, Saks Fifth Avenue & Saks OFF 5 TH .
HBC has significant investments in real estate joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in
the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered
with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
The HBC India corporate teams focus on Finance & Accounting, Technology, Merchandising and Shared Service operations. HBC’s entrance into this market has expanded the company’s global footprint and further established HBC as a truly global retailer.
The teams in the India office play an integral role in supporting HBC’s strategic plan. Bengaluru’s workforce has
deep experience in a variety of areas, including finance and accounting, technology, as well as other shared
services and will support HBC’s operations on an ongoing basis.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting https://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
Accurate and timely processing of US/Canada payroll, Specialization in certain activities/ tasks like payroll queries,
taxes, benefits and Garnishments, etc.
Ensure adherence to Payroll and HR policies, internal control and audit requirements, and service standards at all
Who You Are:
● Graduate / Postgraduate in Finance & commerce.
● Flexible and adaptable in approach to work with the ability to multi-task
● Meticulous and accurate
● Excellent attention to detail
● Good verbal and written communication.
● Good with numbers (calculations) and Logical thinking
● Willing to work in flexible shifts.
● Customer focused with the ability to act promptly in routine situations and sees a clear plan of action to a
positive result in the customer’s eyes
● Self-motivated & Results driven.
As the Payroll Trainee, you will:
● Process end to Weekly & Semimonthly payroll including pay adjustments and validations.
● Address employees queries and requests related to pay calculations and adjustments.
● Process W2 year end activity.
● Perform Pre and post payroll audits and reconciliations.
● Managing escalations
● Work closely with payroll partners such as benefits, terminations and HR teams.
1. Good verbal and written communication
2. Flexibility to work in rotational shifts
Good to haves:
1. MS excel skills
Are there specific certifications required for the role (eg: CPA or PMP): N/A
How Often You May Travel: N/A
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities from IT to Human Resources to Merchandising to
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance