What This Position Is All About:
As a Senior Software Engineer at SO5 Web Analytics Team, you will have the opportunity to
to engineer suitable approaches to capturing real time customer events, managing those events and exposing them for further analysis and insights by different tools not limited to Adobe Launch. Our instance of the Adobe Extension code can be modernized and better performant. In this hands-on position, your core responsibility will be to design, develop and enhance our web events tracking capabilities in order to adequately support the continued expansion of our business.
Who You Are:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Dependable work ethic; capable of taking ownership of a task and seeing it through to completion
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing priorities.
- Be available as necessary to work during official business hours to support project goals and timelines.
You also have:
- A minimum of 7+ years of related work experience preferably from a retail background.
- Excellent in working with APIs, secure scripts, web storage (local/session storage, web sql), Promises
- Working knowledge of certain backend languages like NodeJS, Python, Java, PHP, GoLang, Ruby
- Working knowledge of code version management systems/services like Git/Github
- Demonstrated experience as a technical lead for software design and development, performance impacts, code reviews, and effective cross-functional collaboration.
- Full software development lifecycle experience.
- Theoretical knowledge of SQL, XML, Distributed Systems
- Theoretical knowledge of Analytical Insights tools like Adobe Launch, Mixpanel
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- The role involves active interaction with business partners, stakeholders, managers, and engineers across the organization.
- Contribute and work for hands on in all spheres of a project right from conceptualization, requirement gathering, fit gap analysis, design, and development to production implementation and support
- Recommend engineering best practices, including the use of design patterns, code reviews, and automated unit testing.
Your Life and Career at SOF:
- Be part of an excellent team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- You will be eligible for world-class benefits on-par with industry standards.
"We believe that our differences not only make us stronger, but also guide our evolution and future growth. All associates are expected to create an inclusive environment free from harassment, discrimination, and bullying.Together, we celebrate, advocate for, and learn from our colleagues, customers and communities to create the best environment to shop and work for all."