What This Position Is All About:
The image editor will be responsible for product image retouching for saks.com. The position requires a high proficiency in retouching, masking, color correction, product retouch, photo manipulation, and compositing images. The Editors should ensure their work meets the customer’s needs and are compliant with Saks brand standards.
Who You Are:
Someone who has a very good eye for detail & ability to understand photography, light, shadow, hue saturations on an image with excellent Adobe Photoshop skills.
As an image editor you will have these skills:
- Expert Photoshop skills required. Should be highly proficient in retouching, masking, color correction, product retouch, removing wrinkles, skin retouching, liquifying and compositing images.
- Understanding of color management
- Excellent communicator
- Self-driven and able to effectively communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a multi-team environment
- Attention to detail
- Accustomed to the high intensity level of an e-commerce studio environment, and ability to thrive under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills to be able to manage high volumes of images
How Often You May Travel:
- Diploma, degree or certification in graphic design or related creative field
- 1-2 years photo retouch experience in high end image retouching for print and digital media
- Experience with interactive design tools including Photoshop and Bridge
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter and interacts well in a fast-paced environment. Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Strong understanding of photography, lighting, shadows, environment, croppings
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Efficiency and adaptability - you need to be a fast learner
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from Marketing to IT & Human Resources, Merchandising to Finance.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Thank you for your interest in HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.