Day in the Life:
The Data Analyst will be part of a dynamic team that supports the execution of initiatives in Data Analytics. They work cross functionally with teams to develop and deliver projects that will drive success at The Bay. They will interact with project stakeholders, business leaders and collaborate with a team of data experts to leverage data and perform deep dive analyses and build data/reporting products. They will explore new insights and innovation by leveraging advanced analytics to derive data backed insights. This is the perfect role that provides an opportunity to gain further advanced experience in retail business initiatives and understanding of retail analytics and insights.
What You Will Do:
* Assist in defining project scope and objectives and developing plans to monitor and track progress.
* Communication of the analysis processes and insights to stakeholders and other analytics teams across the organization.
* Partner and align with stakeholders across the banners to brainstorm, test and develop analysis that delivers quick insights to confirm or deny business hypotheses.
* Proactively identify analytical opportunities that will lead to improved business results
* Actively contribute to enhancing the analytics team’s foundational and scalable processes and best practices for data extraction, manipulation, analysis, provision of insights, and the mechanism to drive actions or decision making
* Participate in defining analytic requirements for new projects and contribute to the delivery of new dashboards and reports.
* Provide ad-hoc analysis support
What You Will Need:
* University degree required, preferred in Statistics, Business Analytics, or related field
* Experience in Business Intelligence/Visualization experience
* 2+ year in SQL and/or Python
* Strong data mining and analytical skills and able to translate findings into clear, actionable insights and recommendations
* Good communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a diverse audience in business terms.
* Ability to “storytell” through analytics and presentation materials
* Creative thinker and solutions oriented, committed to driving business improvements
* Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
* Proactive approach to problem-solving, working collaboratively, and supporting the team.
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable while operating independently and as part of a team.
The Fabric of Hudson’s Bay
Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivaled assortment of products and categories including fashion, home, beauty, food concepts, and more. Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. Hudson’s Bay helps Canadians live their best style of life by operating thebay.com featuring Marketplace, one of the largest premium life & style digital platforms in Canada, with a seamless connection to a network of Hudson’s Bay stores from coast to coast.
At Hudson’s Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day.
Thank you for your interest In Hudson’s Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Hudson’s Bay is committed to providing you with a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible workplace to lead a brilliant career.