Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The Assistant Manager, Total Rewards will be the local main point of contact for both Compensation and Benefits and responsible for the administration for ~600 employees in India. The Compensation strategy, design, and philosophy is centralized by the US-based team and this role will work closely under the guidance of the global Director, Compensation and will report directly to the Head of People in India.
- The successful candidate should be a respected and proven professional with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- Ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms. He/she must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action.
- Must have strong relationship-building and influence skills, strong verbal, and written communication skills, and strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- 5 to 7 years of work experience in HR
- Prior experience in the Compensation & Benefits function of at least 4 years
- In collaboration with the US based team, this role will lead Total Rewards for the local India office and supervise an analyst
- Responsible for ensuring the compensation programs for India remains competitive and employee-friendly
- Responsible for Compensation & Benefits analytics, providing insights to leadership in support of impactful business decisions. Accountable for accurate and timely computation of pay changes during the entire employee life cycle (Hiring, Promotion, Transfers, Retirement, Exits, etc.)
- Manage, lead and execute the annual merit planning process in partnership with the talent team. Accountable for effective collaboration and partnership across people teams to ensure a smooth and timely process.
- Responsible for the administration of both short-term and long-term incentives and capable of evaluating and presenting the effectiveness
- Conduct job evaluations in partnership with the People Business Partner for roles across the organization and make recommendations on appropriate compensation packages, job level, job title, pay grade, etc.
- Responsible for various cost impact analysis on all compensation programs to evaluate budgeting and accurate payroll throughout the year.
- Participate in local compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information on Saks’ behalf.
- Maintain and update salary structure and job codes/profiles per compensation guidelines established by the organization
- Recommend corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems
- Advise people team and managers on making effective pay decisions that support employee engagement and comply with compensation policy and budgetary guidelines
- Manage Total Rewards initiatives and related projects as required
- Conduct ad-hoc research and analyses on market competitiveness, pay equity, and compensation trends
- Support benefits and wellness programs and policies for the company
- Facilitate educational sessions in the areas of both Compensation and Benefits
- Responsible for HR policy design, implementation and communication to reach an intended group of audience
- Monitor utilization/penetration of benefits and incentives and design employee initiatives for the same
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees.
Thank you for your interest in Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.